Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Single's Christmas Party

We were invited to perform at the mid-single's Christmas party in Smithfield on December 12.  We had a band practice that was much more laughing than playing music!  I wonder if we've ever finished a set list during a practice...hmmm...not sure!  We did sing "Once there was a snowman", "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and learned the Three Amigos salute, but we probably should've practiced "Weightless" since we haven't done that song since this summer, and Cindy will end up singing the 'French toast and eggs' line three times when we did perform it (hee hee). 
 
We had a ton of our awesome friends at the dinner and performance, they danced, cheered and Brenda even danced on stage with us (love you!!!).  After our set Trevor acted as DJ for the dance.  We had a blast even when our group of friends got in trouble (yes, as in yelled at) for some of our shenanigans.  This time it was all Cade's fault (that's our story and we're sticking with it!) ;)
 
After the dance, we tore down our equipment and went to Trevor's for an after-party. Our friends Carl and Debbie had an Oculus Virtual Reality headgear thingy and let all of us take turns.  OH MY GOSH!!!  I was able to scuba dive in the Artic!!  You can look above, below, behind and everywhere is an incredible view!  I didn't like it so much when a shark swam up to me (I screamed!) and it my heart was racing as two whale sharks slowly came up behind me and one swam underneath me.  I reached out as if to actually touch a narwhal who swam beside me for awhile. This technology is INCREDIBLE!  What a rush!!!!  We stayed talking and laughing with about 20 friends until the wee hours of the morning.  All in all, a perfect night! 








No comments:

Post a Comment