Saturday, October 4, 2014

Hello!

Welcome to the Accidentally Involved blog!

I'll share stories here about our events.  I'll try to keep it interesting, which won't be hard because we are a spirited bunch! 

Yesterday Emeline and Cindy came over to my place to play drums and pick apples.  We had a lot of catching up to do, and it felt great to just laugh together.  Sometimes these little moments in my week make all the difference!  We decided it was time to take the drum kit over to Trevor's for me to practice with the band. I've been putting it off because I don't think I'm good enough.  I've been playing djembe only up until now, but some songs will be much better on the kit.  Cindy, always quick to pour on the complements, made me feel brave enough to play on the drum kit through our set list. Trevor grilled up steaks and pineapple and we enjoyed a delicious dinner before practice.  We had a lot of volume adjusting to do with the loud drum set.  Overall I think it sounded okay.  We're also working on a new cover, one that was inspired by a recent movie that we saw together on Girl's Night Out (sorry Trevor).  It sounds amazing!!!  After band practice Trevor and I joined our friends at a Halloween Dance.  Enjoy these pictures of the night!









3 comments:

  1. Totally jealous! I want to be in your band and pick apples! eat grilled pineapple! go to a Halloween dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you were with us! We could use a killer fiddle player who knows her way around sliced apples, grilled pineapple and always ready to celebrate Halloween!

      Delete