Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lightsabers and Band Practice

I walked into band practice in time to join a lightsaber battle with Trevor and Emeline.  What a blast!  We enjoy being together, there is always plenty of joking, laughing, and random conversation between us.  We managed to go through 20 songs during this practice.  Our set list keeps growing!  Cindy is fully enraptured with the music and plays pretty aggressively, she broke a string and just kept playing the song until we finished.  I love it!  At one point I switched places with Cindy and played guitar while she played the drum set.  My girls came to practice with me (it's not usual for us to have kids at practice...there are 16 kids between us all!) so we asked Ammoriah to video us while we played a new song.  When reviewed later she only caught the last 5 seconds of the song, OOPS!  Hey, those 5 seconds sound amazing considering it's only the second time we ran through the song! :D 

Our next gig is this Friday, playing for a private Birthday party for a dear friend of mine and I cannot wait! 






No comments:

Post a Comment